Laser Therapy With the epic T diode laser
Laser therapy is a non-invasive technique to help reduce pain and inflammation. Laser therapy can be safely used as an adjunct or
replacement for pharmaceutical drugs and laser therapy can be effectively combined with a number of other treatment modalities. This pain relief treatment is FDA cleared and enables patients to have an alternative to drugs and surgery. The laser is painless and has no side effects. It is completely safe. During treatment, the patient can experience soothing warmth as the therapy is administered.
Laser therapy treatments last between 5 and 10 minutes depending on the condition being treated and/or body part. Laser therapy treatments can be administered directly to or directly over skin, as laser light cannot penetrate through layers of clothing.
Depending on the condition being treated your therapy may be administered through either a contact or non-contact hand piece. The contact hand piece is designed to allow the practitioner to physically manipulate the tissue while administering the treatment, resulting in a laser-massage treatment. This allows for light to penetrate deeper into tissues than the non-contact hand piece due to it’s ability to displace tissue through a laser-massage technique.
Patients generally see results after 3 to 5 treatments but may see results after the first session. For more chronic conditions, 10-15 sessions may be needed to achieve your treatment goal. Typical sessions are 2-3 times per week for short duration treatments and 1-2 times per week for longer protocols. Your doctor will develop a treatment plan that is optimal for your condition.
Over 2000 published research studies demonstrate:
- Laser therapy improves blood flow and lymphatic drainage
- Laser therapy has a strengthening effect on tissue repair- BOTH IN HARD AND SOFT TISSUE, INCLUDING ALL MUSCLES, LIGAMENTS AND EVEN BONE
- It is an effective means of relief for many pain syndromes
- It can improve immune response
- Enhanced nerve regeneration & function
- Increased microcirculation & vasodilation
- Increased lymphatic flow
- Increased collagen production
- Increases the speed, quality and tensile strength of tissue repair
- Reduced inflammation
- Enhanced angiogenesis (creation of new blood vessels)
- It increases oxygenation of tissues and allows injured or damaged cells to absorb photons of light, which speeds healing.
Tendon and ligament injuries
Soft tissue injuries
Degenerative Joint conditions
Chronic non-healing wounds
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Hip and knee pain
Combining MyACT (Myofascial Acoustic Compression Therapy) with Class 4 laser therapy
MyACT and Class 4 laser therapy are both highly effective, modern methods which can be used to treat a number of different musculoskeletal syndromes. They differ fundamentally in their therapeutic principles. MyACT makes use of mechanical energy to reduce pain and increase circulation to support the healing processes while lasers make use of the interactions within tissue to generate thermal (heat) and photodynamic effects.